Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
If you use our products and services in the European Economic Area (EEA), Xiaomi Singapore Pte. Ltd. will act as the data controller and be responsible for the processing of the data.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
Types of Information Collected
In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide personal information that is necessary to provide those services to you. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
We will only collect the information that is necessary for its specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. We may collect the following types of information (which may or may not be personal information):
Information you provide to us or upload (including your contact details): we may collect any and all personal information you provide to us, like your name, mobile phone number, email address, delivery address, Account details, order, invoicing details, information in relation to creating an account and any other information you provide us.
Information specific to you that may be assigned by us: we may collect and use information such as your Account ID.
Information specific to you that may be assigned by Third Party Service Providers: we may collect and use information such as your advertising ID assigned by Third Party Service Providers.
Financial information: we may collect information related to completing purchases. For example, the bank account number, account holder name, credit card number etc.
Application information: information related to your software usage. For example, application list, application status record (e.g. downloading, installing, updating, deleting), application ID information, SDK version, system update settings etc.
Log information: information related to your use of certain functions, apps and websites. For example, cookies and other anonymous identifier technologies, IP addresses, network request information, temporary message history, standard system logs, crash information.
We may also collect other types of information which are not directly or indirectly linked to an individual and which is aggregated, anonymized or de-identified. For example, the device model and system version number of the user’s mobile phone device may be collected when using a particular service. Such information is collected in order to improve the services we provide to you.
HOW THE PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN BE USED
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing, processing, maintaining, improving and developing our services to you, including after-sales and customer support and for services on your device or through our websites.
- Communicating with you about your device, service or any general queries, such as updates, customer inquiry support, information about our events, notices.
- Conducting marketing related activities, such as providing marketing and promotional materials and updates. For more information on marketing and promotional activities, please refer to the Direct Marketing section below. Allowing you to post comments in public forums.
- Conducting promotional activities, such as sweepstakes and events on social media platforms.
- Storing and maintaining information about you for our business operations or legal obligations.
Here are more details on how we use your information (which may include personal information):
- Setting up your Mi Account. Personal information, collected when creating a Mi Account on our web sites or through our mobile devices, is used for creating the personal Mi Account and profile page of the User.
- Processing your purchase orders. Information relating to orders placed through xiaomistore.pk may be used for processing the purchase order and related after-sales services, including customer support and re-delivery. In addition, the order number is used to cross check the order with the delivery partner as well as the actual delivery of the parcel. The receipt details, including name, address, phone number and postal code are for delivery purposes. The email address is used to send package tracking information to the User. The list of purchased item(s) is used for printing the invoice and allowing Users to determine the contents of the package.
- Collecting user feedback. The feedback you choose to provide is valuable in helping Xiaomi Store Pakistan make improvements to our services. In order to follow up on the feedback you have chosen to provide, Xiaomi Store Pakistan may correspond with you using the personal information that you have provided and keep records.
- Sending notices. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Conducting promotional activities. If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion, e.g. via Community or other Xiaomi Store Pakistan’s social media platforms, we may use the personal information you provide to administer those programs.
We may use your name, phone number, and email address to provide marketing materials to you relating to goods and services of Xiaomi Store Pakistan companies and our business partners which offer network, mobile applications and cloud products and services. To provide better user experience, we may recommend above-mentioned products, services and activities based on information about your purchase history, website browsing history, birthday, age, gender, and location. We will only so use your personal data after we obtain your prior explicit consent and involve a clear affirmative action or indication of no objection in accordance with local data protection laws, which may require separate explicit consent. You have the right to opt out of our proposed use of your personal data for direct marketing. If you no longer wish to receive certain types of email communications you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication. We will not transfer your personal data to our business partners for use by our business partners in direct marketing.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES (ONLY WHEN BROWSING WWW.XIAOMISTORE.PK)
- What information is collected and how do we use them? Technologies such as cookies, tags, and scripts are used by Xiaomi Store Pakistan and our Third Party Service Providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- Log Files: As true of most websites, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we gather about you.
- Local Storage – HTML5/Flash: We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 or Flash to store content and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 or Flash cookies to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tool for removing HTML5 LSOs.
With whom we share your information
We do not sell any personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your personal information on occasion to third parties (as described below) in order to provide the products or services that you have requested.
Disclosure may be made to Third Party Service Providers and affiliated companies listed in this section below. In each case described in this section, you can be assured that Xiaomi Store Pakistan will only share your personal information in accordance with your consent. Your consent to Xiaomi Store Pakistan will engage sub-processors for the processing of your personal information. You should know that when Xiaomi Store Pakistan shares your personal information with a Third Party Service Provider under any circumstance described in this section, Xiaomi Store Pakistan will contractually specify that the third party is subject to practices and obligations to comply with applicable local data protection laws. Xiaomi Store Pakistan will contractually ensure compliance by any Third Party Service Providers with the privacy standards that apply to them in your home jurisdiction.
Sharing with our group and third party service providers
From time to time, in order to conduct business operations smoothly in providing you with the full capabilities of our products and services, we may disclose your personal information from time to time to other Xiaomi Store Pakistan affiliated companies (in communications, social media, technology or cloud businesses), or our third party service providers which are our mailing houses, delivery service providers, telecommunications companies, data centers, data storage facilities, customer service providers, advertising and marketing service providers, agents acting on behalf of Xiaomi Store Pakistan, [related corporations, and/or other third parties] (together “Third Party Service Providers”). Such Third Party Service Providers would be processing your personal information on Xiaomi Store Pakistan’s behalf or for one or more of the purposes listed above. We may share your IP address with third parties when using certain mobile applications on our device in order to provide you with some of the services you requested. If you no longer wish to allow us to share this information, please contact us at [email protected].
Sharing with others
Xiaomi Store Pakistan may disclose your personal information without further consent when required under applicable law.
Information not requiring consent
We may share anonymized information and statistics in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website, we may share them trends about the general use of our services, such as
the number of customers in certain demographic groups who purchased certain products or who carried out certain transactions.
For the avoidance of doubt, Xiaomi Store Pakistan may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent if it is and only to the extent it is allowed explicitly under local data protection laws.
Xiaomi Store Pakistan’s security measures
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on your mobile device and on Xiaomi Store Pakistan websites. We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information.
For example, when you access your Account, you can choose to use our two-step verification process for better security. When you send or receive data from your Xiaomi Store Pakistan device to our servers, we make sure they are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) and other algorithms.
All your personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We classify your data based on importance and sensitivity, and ensure that your personal information has the highest security level. We make sure that our employees and Third Party Service Providers who access the information to help provide you with our products and services are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet such obligations. We have special access controls for cloud based data storage as well. All in all, we regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against any unauthorized access and use.
We will take all practicable steps to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
We will take upon the personal data breach, notifying the breach to relevant supervisory authority or under some circumstances, notifying the personal data breach to the data subjects by complying with applicable laws, including your local data protection legislation.
What you can do
- You can play your part in safeguarding your personal information by not disclosing your login password or account information to anybody unless such person is duly authorized by you. Whenever you log in as a Account user on Xiaomi Store Pakistan websites, particularly on somebody else's computer or on public Internet terminals, you should always log out at the end of your session.
- Xiaomi Store Pakistan cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third party accesses to your personal information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you must notify us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
- Your assistance will help us protect the privacy of your personal information.
Personal information will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We shall cease to retain personal information, or remove the means by which the personal information can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal information was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal information. If further processing is for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes according to the applicable laws, the data can be further retained by Xiaomi Store Pakistan even if the further processing is incompatible with original purposes.
- If you are Europe Union user under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal information. We shall consider the grounds regarding your erasure request and take reasonable steps, including technical measures, if the grounds apply to GDPR.
- If you are Europe Union user under GDPR, you have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing your personal information. We shall consider the grounds regarding your restriction request. If the grounds apply to GDPR, we shall only process your personal information under applicable circumstances in GDPR and inform you before the restriction of processing is lifted.
- If you are Europe Union user under GDPR, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- If you are Europe Union user under GDPR, you have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used format and transmit the information to another data controller.
Transfer of personal information outside of your jurisdiction
To the extent that we may need to transfer personal information outside of your jurisdiction, whether to our affiliated companies (which are in the communications, social media, technology and cloud businesses) or Third Party Service Providers, we shall do so in accordance with the applicable laws. In particular, we will ensure that all transfers will be in accordance with requirements under your applicable local data protection laws by putting in place appropriate safeguards. You will have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards taken by Xiaomi Store Pakistan for this transfer of your personal information.
Whenever Xiaomi Store Pakistan shares personal data originating in the EEA with a third party which may or may not be a Xiaomi Store Pakistan entity outside the EEA, we will do so on the basis of EU standard contractual clauses or any other safeguards provided for in the GDPR.
- We consider it the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our products and services. Nevertheless, it is our policy not to require personal information from minors or offer to send any promotional materials to persons in that category.
- Xiaomi Store Pakistan does not seek or intend to seek to receive any personal information from minors. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided Xiaomi Store Pakistan with personal information without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the personal information is removed and the minor unsubscribes from any of the applicable Xiaomi Store Pakistan services.
Order of precedence
Do I have to agree to any third party terms and conditions?
- By using the Google Input Method, you are agreeing to Google’s terms: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy
- By using the SwiftKey Input Method, you are agreeing to SwiftKey’s terms: http://swiftkey.com/en/privacy
Social media (features) and widgets
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be able to log in to our website using sign-on services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity, provide you the option to share certain personal information (such as your name and email address) with us, and to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Xiaomi Store Pakistan
Plot#501, Street 17, Sector 3, AECHS, Rawalpindi
Email: [email protected]